Sunday, October 18, 2009

U2 and LSU

Rob is a U2 fanatic. When we heard that U2 would be visiting Tampa for their latest tour, we made sure to get our tickets the minute they went on sale and that was that. We flew from Bermuda Friday morning to make it into Tampa that night for the concert. Some band I have never heard of called Muse opened for them, and while I did not get to see them, I was able to hear them outside the stadium, and it wasn't really all that impressing.

I was really expecting an extraordinary experience from this band, and was left holding a slightly empty bag. It may just have been the venue, as it was the Raymond James Stadium, which is an open air stadium that made the acoustics a little less thrilling, or maybe it was the fact that there was a giant Buccaneers pirate ship opposite the stage, or maybe it was the fact that I wasn't the young kid pulled on stage to run around with Bono. I give the event an 8/10 and I would go back, except I would make sure there was a roof over my head.

The next morning we went to New Orleans. Our original intention was to go to NOLA for a christening that Sunday, but then I found out that the LSU v. Florida game was happening and we had to make a slight detour in order to take part in the festivities. Both Rob and I were exhausted, but still forged on. My father gave up his tickets for us, very nice if I say so myself. His seats are in the upper nosebleed section and you really have a nice view of the entire field from that height :)

One might think that this game was going to be a "good" game, but it really wasn't. It was very boring and uneventful. It would be one thing if we won this boring game, but we didn't. Neither team really played well. The only thing we had going for us was our defense and a penalty on almost every other play.

On Sunday we were off early in the morning to get to a Christening in Denham Springs. My friend, Kim, asked me to be the godmother to her son William and I needed to be there to accept my duties as a godparent. After the church service and cake at her home, we were off to my favorite Mexican resturaunt- Ninfa's in Baton Rouge.

After hour and a half in the car and we finally made it back to New Orleans in just enough time to go to sleep and then get back on a plane for me to Orlando and Rob to Bermuda. It never seems to end!

NEXT STOP: BOSTON!

No comments:

Post a Comment